Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Areas of "Overwhem"

The way I see it there are three main areas of clutter or "overwhelm".

Stuff Overwhelm. First there is the obvious stuff - things, junk, paper, clutter stacked everwhere, spilling out of boxes, off of shelves, impeding your way through rooms, impeding your progress toward your goals and dreams. I shun my desk because of its overload; I stub my toes on stuff stacked in my supposed office.

Brain Overwhelm. Then there is all your To dos - the things you are responsible for doing, the things you've promised to do, the things you want to do but can never get to do. I carry all this stuff around in my head in a desperate attempt to remember it all and my brain is on overload.

Heart Overwelm. These are the things over which you have no control - events and people that just happen to you, things like hurricanes or your daughter breaking her arm, like divorces or lost jobs. When I get hit with life's punches, I want to crawl in a hole and hide.

So tell me - are there any other areas of "overwhelm" you'd like to add to the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment